Hello! I’m Wilfred J. Dunn, the School Counselor. I am so happy to be on staff at W.O. Lance Elementary School. When I came to Lanett City Schools two years ago, I came with 23 years of teaching experience, 4 of which is in counseling. All 23 years were in the state of Arkansas in the Little Rock School District. I received a B.S. degree in Elementary Education from Alabama State University and a Master's degree from the University of Arkansas - Little Rock in School Counseling. I have also received a masters in Human Resource Management from Webster University. I am a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc and Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Music Fraternity. In my leisure time, I love spending time with family and friends.
The primary purpose of the W.O. Lance Elementary School Comprehensive Guidance Program is to provide preventive, proactive, student-centered services in a comprehensive developmental program. The goal is to help students grow emotionally, socially, and academically and become both productive, contributing citizens in our society.
As your school counselor, I will perform the following roles in order to promote positive development in academic, career, and personal/social domains through:
- Individual counseling
- Small group counseling
- Classroom guidance (i.e. Large group counseling)
- Attending and participating in academic intervention meetings
- Organizing and administering building testing
- Observing students in various school environments
- Consulting and collaborating with parents, teachers, administrators, social workers, and students
- Responding to school crises or emergency situations
- Providing information and resources to parents on a variety of issue
Topics for School Guidance Curriculum Activities as follows:
- Character Education
- Self-Concept/Self Esteem
- Communication Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Substance Abuse (Red Ribbon Week)
- Career Awareness
- Study Skills
- Choice Making Skills
- Personal Safety
- Bullying Program
I look forward to serving you! If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to contact me by email at email@example.com or call 334-644-5933.